Beauty spa evacuated after drier catches fire

'HORRIBLE MOMENT' A small fire broke out at Eastthorpe Hall this morning.
'HORRIBLE MOMENT' A small fire broke out at Eastthorpe Hall this morning.

A beauty spa was evacuated first thing this morning (Wednesday) when a drier caught fire.

Around 15 customers at Eastthorpe Hall in Mirfield had to rush outside in their towels while firefighters were called.

The fire started just before 9am and two fire engines went to the spa in Huddersfield Road, where eight people were working.

No one was hurt and the only damage done was to two towels that were caught in the small blaze.

Steph Barraclough, from the spa, said: “Everything is absolutely fine.

“We had a horrible moment but basically the drier in our wash kitchen, something overheated and caused an actual fire.

“The engineer is looking at the machine. It was not a big fire but we did get two fire engines because at the time, we just rang straight away.”