Residents at a retirement home have been hard at work to raise money for people affected by a blaze that tore through a block of flats last month.
The Walker Street complex, in Thornhill Lees, has handed over a cheque for £104 and given bedding to people whose homes were involved in the Ashworth Close flat fire, in Eightlands, on December 7.
Firefighters said the blaze was particularly hard to tackle – flames shot out of the roof and five flats were affected, two of them particularly badly.
Crews from Dewsbury, Mirfield and Batley, as well as an aerial platform from Wakefield, were called.
The cause of the fire was thought to be a discarded cigarette.
Walker Street raised the funds with help from the Ashworth Tenants and Residents Association.