Elderly woman treated for smoke inhalation following Batley fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

A woman in her 90s was treated for smoke inhalation following a pan fire at her home in Batley.

Firefighters from Batley were called out to the incident in Chinewood Avenue at 8.38am this morning (Wednesday).

When they arrived the fire was already out so they used positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke,

The occupant, who was alerted to the fire by her smoke alarm, was treated at the scene by paramedics.

The fire was caused by a pan being left unattended.

To book a free home fire safety check online visit www.westyorksfire.gov.uk/contact#safety-check or call 0800 5874536.