DEWSBURY-born Chris Dawson has signed his first professional contract with Leeds United.
The 18-year-old, who has been with the club’s academy since the age of nine, has signed a contract that will take him to 2015.
The offer of a professional contract is reward for an impressive start to the season by the second-year scholar.
Under-18s coach Richard Naylor has been rich in his praise of the youngster, and he has also impressed development coach Neil Redfearn in his appearances for the under-21s where he looked sharp against a strong Leicester side and again after coming on as a substitute at Huddersfield on Tuesday.
HUDDERSFIELD Town academy defender William Boyle will attend a Scotland Under 18 training camp later this month.
It will be run by Ricky Sbragia and Under 21 chief Billy Stark at Falkirk from October 24-26.
First-year scholar Boyle, 17, is from Garforth but qualifies through his Scottish father.
The centre-back was in the Town Under 21 side who drew 0-0 with Leeds at the John Smith’s last week and travelled to Belfast for Crusaders captain Colin Coates’ testimonial.
Full story on the Huddersfield Examiner website.
And Phil Parkinson has vowed to put Zavon Hines back on track after the winger’s moment of magic earned Bradford City a point against York.
Hines came off the bench to fire a superb equaliser in City’s 1-1 draw.
It was the perfect response to the previous league outing when he came off against Dagenham at half-time.
The winger had been through an intensive week’s training – and got his reward as he rescued a point at Valley Parade.
Elsewhere, Liverpool are set to reveal plans to extend the capacity of Anfield to 60,000 rather than build a new ground on Stanley Park.
The redevelopment would cost in the region of £150m and Liverpool would commit to building a hotel as part of the project.
If the process remains on schedule, work would begin in 2014.
Details will be confirmed on Monday morning when the city council announces new proposals for the area.
The redeveloped Anfield will be the centrepiece of the council’s £175m regeneration project of L4. It will confirm it has given the go-ahead to a series of compulsory purchase order consultations on houses that would need to be demolished.
And Aston Villa have rejected suggestions that Darren Bent has had a bust-up with manager Paul Lambert.
Reports over the weekend claimed Bent could be sold in January following a dispute with Lambert after he was dropped from the starting line-up and stripped of the captaincy.
“There is not a problem,” a Villa spokesman told the Daily Express.
“The manager has explained why he has not selected Darren for the last two games and has said his door is open if the player wants to discuss the matter.”
More news and gossip tomorrow.