Man taken to hospital after kitchen fire

.
.

A man was taken to hospital after a fire broke out in his kitchen.

Two fire crews from Dewsbury were called to a property on Keats Drive, Heckmondwike, at around 1.50pm on Tuesday.

The man was outside the house when the firefighters arrived.

The fire caused damaged to the units in the kitchen.

Watch commander Anthony Woodhead said: “We think the fire started because of a fault with the cooker.

“The man was taken to hospital as a precaution for smoke inhalation.

“We spent the rest of the afternoon checking and fitting fire alarms at properties nearby.”