Four men locked up after Savile Town petrol station fight

JAILED: Adeel Hafeez admitted two offences.
JAILED: Adeel Hafeez admitted two offences.

FOUR men have been locked up after a fight outside a petrol station that left one of them with a wound in his back.

In total, seven people have been sentenced after they admitted being involved in the brawl.

The incident happened outside the BP petrol station in Savile Town on January 22 last year.

Adeel Hafeez, who played for Hanging Heaton Cricket Club, was in hospital after he was left with a wound in his back and cuts on his hands.

Now the 21-year-old from Savile Road, Savile Town, has been given a two year, eight month jail sentence.

He pleaded guilty to violent disorder and possessing an offensive weapon at an earlier hearing before he was sentenced with six others at Leeds crown Court on Monday July 2.

Another man, 19-year-old Kessar Iqbal, had also pleaded guilty to violent disorder and possessing an offensive weapon at earlier hearings.

Judge James Spencer QC sentenced Iqbal, of Quarry Road, Westtown, to two years in a young offenders institute for his offences.

Tanveer Azam, 21, of Selbourne Road, Thornhill Lees, was sentenced to 21 months in prison after he pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

Samad Ayub, 19, of Headfield Road, Savile Town, also pleaded guilty to violent disorder at a hearing in May.

He was given a 51 week jail term, suspended for a year, and a 12 month supervision order with a 50 day activity requirement.

He must also complete 100 hours of unpaid work.

Meanwhile, Amaan Safeer, 17, of Old Mill View, Thornhill Lees, was given a youth rehabilitation order with supervision and a three month electronic curfew after he too admitted one charge of violent disorder.

Zain Ayub, 16, of Headfield Road was given a 12 month referral order to be supervised by Kirklees Youth Court after he admitted affray.

Finally, Fahim Iqbal, 21, of Quarry Road, Westtown, was given a 16 month jail term for his part in the incident.

He admitted one count of violent disorder, and was sentenced to a further six months in prison for unrelated charges of handling stolen goods and driving without insurance.