A widow is seeking answers over the death of her husband.
Alan Heptinstall died in August 2010 after developing malignant mesothelioma.
The industrial disease is caused by exposure to asbestos, which his family believe happened when he worked at Thornhill Combs Colliery.
The 72-year-old grandfather was a coal face worker for the National Coal Board at the site between 1956 and 1966.
He told his wife Patricia that he believed he was exposed to asbestos there.
Now Mrs Heptinstall, of Overton, has instructed law firm Irwin Mitchell to seek answers.
She is appealing for any ex-colleagues to come forward with information to see if more could have been done to protect him.
Contact Ian Toft at Irwin Mitchell on 0113 220 6235.