• Christkindelmarkt is Leeds’ Christmas market. It has a host of wooden stalls, a glittering Christmas carousel ride and a real festive spirit. It runs until December 18 at Millennium Square.
• Leeds is the only English city outside London with its own repertory theatre, opera house and ballet companies.
• The city has five miles of shoppoing streets and The Rough Guide to Britain named shopping in Leeds as one of the top 30 things to do in the UK.
• Leeds attracts more visitors per annum than traditional holiday destinations like Brighton and Torquay.
• The city is home to five renowned theatres, 83 restaurants, 133 bars and pubs and 38 nightclubs.
• For loads more information on Leeds and what it has to offer visit www.yorkshire.com.