Warning after BBQ fire

Latest news...
Latest news...

Firefighters have issued a warning to weekend revellers after tackling a BBQ blaze.

Morley Fire Station was called to reports a disposable BBQ had set fire to scrub and trees inbetween two houses in Old Road, Churwell.

One appliance attended the fire at 11.45 last night.

Watch Commander Robin Ferguson urged people to extinguish their BBQs responsibly during warm weather.

He said: “We want to get the message across that BBQs stay hot for a long time after people discard them. Let them burn out or put water on them if possible.

“This is the first incident of this type this summer but everything is so dry at the moment and dry grass soon sets on fire if people discard cigarette butts or BBQs.”